The top two teams in the East meet up in Kansas City, with Chicago hoping to capitalize on form and history.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Collin, Besler, Sinovic; Cesar, Nagamura, Espinoza; Zusi, Kamara, Sapong.
OUT: FW Teal Bunbury (L knee ACL tear); DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Paulo Nagamura (R foot contusion)
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Berry, Friedrich, Segares; Pause, Alex; Nyarko, Rolfe, Fernandez; MacDonald.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Pavel Pardo (L calf tightness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chicago won the first two meetings between these teams this season and dominates the all-time fixture. The Fire have beaten Kansas City 23 times, losing 10 and drawing nine.
- Kansas City hasn't defeated Chicago at home since 2007. Last year's meeting, a draw, marked the opening of LIVESTRONG Sporting Park.
- These teams are first and second in the Eastern Conference. Sporting is unbeaten in eight and Chicago has won four games in a row.
- Jimmy Nielsen recorded a 13th clean sheet in the draw against the Montreal Impact, an MLS high in 2012.
- Jacob Peterson is suspended for this match.