Stumbling from a shock blowout against conference straggler Philadelphia, Sporting will attempt to regain its footing and dominance of the Midwest against the Fire.
|Sporting Kansas City (4-3-3): Nielsen; Myers, Besler, Cesar, Sinovic; Nagamura, Zusi, Espinoza; Kamara, Sapong, Bunbury.
OUT: DF Cyprian Hedrick (L fibula fracture); GK Jon Kempin (R ankle fracture); MF Luke Sassano (L knee sprain); DF Shawn Singh (L quad strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Aurelien Collin (R hamstring strain); MF Paulo Nagamura (R abductor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Korede Aiyegbusi (R knee sprain); FW Bobby Convey (R calf strain)
PROBABLE: FW Kei Kamara (L foot sprain)
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Gargan, Anibaba, Berry, Segares; Pause, Pardo; Nyarko, Grazzini, Pappa; Oduro.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair); MF Steven Kinney (R Achilles tendinitis)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting Kansas City suffered its heaviest defeat of the season last week, going down 4-0 to the Philadelphia Union.
- Kansas City keeper Jimmy Nielsen is currently tied as the league leader in shutouts with six on the season. The Danish keeper is nearly on pace to break Tony Meola’s single-season club record of 16 shutouts in 2000.
- Of Chicago Fire midfielder Marco Pappa’s 24 career goals in MLS, 10 have come from outside of the penalty area.
- Chicago Fire defender Gonzalo Segares will be suspended for this match.
- Kansas City has not defeated Chicago at home since 2007, and the teams have played to draws in four of their last five meetings in Kansas City.