Nigel Adkins' men have won just one game so far this season and face a Swans side who could well break into the top half of the table with victory on Saturday.
Clyne, Hooiveld, Fonte, Fox
Ramirez, Schneiderlin, Davis, Lallana
Davies, Williams, Flores, Rangel
De Guzman, Ki
Hernandez, Michu, Routledge
Nigel Adkins has an almost full strength squad to choose from following Gaston Ramirez's return against West Brom. Jack Cork (knee) could also make a comeback in midfield but Frazer Richardson (hip) is out.
Jos Hooiveld may return to the back four with Saints conceding goals at an alarming rate while Guly Do Prado could replace Jay Rodriguez.
Swansea has several injuries to worry about with long-term absentees Kyle Bartley (Tthigh) and Neil Taylor (ankle) both likely to miss this away trip to the south coast. Star goalkeeper Michel Vorm (groin) remains out of contention but Chico Flores (leg) is expected to return.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite its poor start to the season, Southampton has kept seven clean sheets in its past 20 games. Swansea has kept just six over that time.
- Saints have failed to score in only 15 percent of their last 20 games at home compared.
- All of Southampton's four points this season have been earned at home.
- Swansea, meanwhile, has only won one quarter of its points away from home.
- The Swans have conceded the first goal in three-quarters of their away matches.
- When Michu (pictured right) has scored for Swnasea this season it has not lost.