The last unconquered defense in MLS will be tested against one of the league's most potent attacking players.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Morrow, Corrales; Chavez, Baca, Cronin, Salinas; Wondolowski, Lenhart.
OUT: MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
DOUBTFUL: MF Sercan Guvenisik (R hip flexor strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Ramiro Corrales (R ankle sprain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-2-3-1): Cannon; Lee, Bonjour, DeMerit, Harvey; Watson, Davidson; Chiumiento, Sanvezzo, Le Toux; Hassli.
OUT: FW Etienne Barbara (groin strain); FW Darren Mattocks (R shoulder burn); DF Alain Rochat (L knee sprain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Floyd Franks (lower back pain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Michael Nanchoff (L heel contusion); GK Brian Sylvestre (R knee surgery)
PROBABLE: FW Camilo Sanvezzo (R quad strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Vancouver's Atiba Harris will miss this game through suspension.
- San Jose returns home after a successful two-game road trip, beating Toronto and Seattle 3-0 and 1-0, respectively.
- Chris Wondolowski's four goals so far this season ties him for second-best in MLS.
- Vancouver is the only team that has yet to concede a single goal this season. Stretching back to last season, the Whitecaps haven't conceded a goal in 366 minutes.
- Along with Sporting Kansas City, the Whitecaps are one of the two undefeated teams left in MLS.