New York hasn't lost to San Jose in four regular season matches, and travels to California to try to extend that record.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch, Morrow, Hernandez, Bernardez, Harden; Corrales, Baca, Cronin, Salinas; Garza, Wondolowski.
OUT: Mehdi Ballouchy (L torn ACL), Steven Beitashour (sports hernia), Marvin Chavez (R MCL sprain), Alan Gordon (L foot surgery), Steven Lenhart (R knee surgery), Marcus Tracy (L ankle)
QUESTIONABLE: Tommy Muller (low back spasms)
|New York Red Bulls (4-2-3-1): Robles; Miller, Pearce, Olave, Kimura; McCarthy, Steele; Henry, Cahill, Bover; Espindola.||
OUT: Ryan Meara (hip)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose scored the most goals in the league last year, 72, but has yet to open its account in 2013. In their opener, the Earthquakes lost 2-0 to Real Salt Lake.
- The Red Bulls squandered a two-goal lead to draw 3-3 with the Portland Timbers last week.
- Thierry Henry let slip that Juinho Pernambucano picked up an injury on Portland's turf and will likely miss this match.
- These two teams drew their only meeting last season, a 2-2 match in Red Bull Arena.
- New York is unbeaten in its last four regular season matches against the Earthquakes.