The last California Clasico of the season sees the two teams jockey for spots in the playoffs.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Corrales, Morrow; Chavez, Cronin, Baca, Salinas; Wondolowski, Gordon.
OUT: MF Mehdi Ballouchy (L knee ACL tear); MF Jacob Hustedt (L ankle surgery); MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R groin strain); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Ike Opara (concussion)
PROBABLE: GK David Bingham (R wrist sprain); MF Simon Dawkins (R ankle sprain); DF Justin Morrow (R shoulder sprain)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-2): Saunders; Franklin, Meyer, Gonzalez, Dunivant; Sarvas, Beckham, Juninho, Magee; Keane, Buddle.
OUT: DF A.J. DeLaGarza (L knee sprain); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation); MF Kyle Nakazawa (back spasms)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Landon Donovan (L knee bone bruise)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- First and fourth in the Western Conference, respectively, these teams have already qualified for the playoffs.
- The Earthquakes have scored multiple goals in seven consecutive matches.
- In the two previous meetings between these teams this season, San Jose has come from behind to win. After the first, Steven Lenhard co-opted the phrase "Goonies never die" to describe the 'Quakes' resiliency.
- Chris Wondolowski has scored 25 goals this year, two off the all-time MLS season high of 27, scored by Roy Lassiter in 1996.
- Jason Hernandez is suspended for this match.