San Jose hasn't won for eight games. Coincidentally, that last league triumph was against D.C. United back in June.
San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Ward, Hernandez, Attakora, Convey; Peterson, Cronin, Stephenson, Baca; Wondolowski, Sealy.
OUT: MF Andre Luiz (L knee injury); DF Ike Opara (L foot injury)
DOUBTFUL: DF Steven Beitashour (R leg injury)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Alan Gordon (R quadriceps strain); MF Simon Dawkins (R hamstring strain)
D.C. United (4-4-2): Hamid; Kitchen, White, McDonald, Woolard; Najar, De Rosario, Simms, Pontius; Brettschneider, Ngwenya.
OUT: MF Branko Boskovic (L ACL tear); DF Devon McTavish (concussion); MF Santino Quaranta (concussion); DF Jed Zayner (L knee sprain); GK Joe Willis (L little finger fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Charlie Davies (L knee inflammation); FW Josh Wolff (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Brandon Barklage (concussion); FW Blake Brettschneider (concussion)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
San Jose's winless streak extended to eight games in a 4-0 loss to Real Salt Lake last week. However, its home unbeaten run also stands at eight games.
- The Earthquakes' last win, coincidentally, came against D.C. United. A Steven Lenhart hat-trick led the visitors to a 4-2 win at RFK Stadium on June 11.
- D.C. United lost 1-0 to the New England Revolution in its last MLS match, the second game in a row in which it hasn't scored.
- Despite being listed as questionable, Charlie Davies made the trip to California with his teammates and could see some minutes, especially with Josh Wolff injured in a friendly against Everton.
- That friendly finished 3-1 to Everton, with Chris Pontius notching for D.C.
- Brad Ring (yellow-card accumulation) and Bobby Burling (ejection) will miss this match through suspension.