FCD finds itself two points out of the playoff pace with a tough away match against the 'Quakes, who boast the best record and hottest scorer in MLS.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Hernandez, Morrow; Chavez, Baca, Cronin, Dawkins; Wondolowski, Gordon.
OUT: MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R groin strain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Sam Garza (R ankle sprain); MF Sercan Guvenisik (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Marvin Chavez (L hamstring strain); MF Simon Dawkins (R ankle sprain)
|FC Dallas (4-4-1-1): Hartman; Loyd, Hedges, Pertuz, Benitez; Jackson, de Guzman, Jacobson, Shea; Ferreira; Perez.
OUT: DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Jonathan Top (R ankle sprain); DF George John (R ankle sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose is one of three teams that have secured berths in the postseason. The Earthquakes have the best record in the league, with 60 points.
- Dallas is two points behind the Vancouver Whitecaps in fifth place -- the last playoff slot -- in the West.
- Chris Wondolowski has scored 22 goals this season, an MLS high since 2002.
- San Jose won at home and drew away in the two previous meetings with Dallas this season.
- David Ferreira is expected to play this match with a broken nose and a mask.