Dallas will aim to climb out of the Wild Card spots during a trip to California, while Wondolowski goes in search of the Golden Boot for the second year running.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Burling, Hernandez, Morrow; Baca, Cronin, Ring, Corrales; Stephenson, Wondolowski.||
OUT: MF Andre Luiz (L knee injury); DF Ike Opara (L foot injury); FW Alan Gordon (surgery); FW Steven Lenhart (family leave); MF Bobby Convey (R knee inflammation)
DOUBTFUL: MF Anthony Ampaipitakwong (L groin strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Nana Attakora (L hamstring strain); FW Scott Sealy (R quadriceps strain)
PROBABLE: DF Ramiro Corrales (R ankle sprain)
|FC Dallas (4-1-4-1): Hartman; Loyd, Ihemelu, John, Benitez; Hernandez; Guarda, Jacobson, Cruz, Shea; Chavez.||
OUT: DF Edson Edward (R knee ACL tear); MF David Ferreira (R ankle); MF Andrew Wiedeman (groin); GK Josh Lambo (jaw)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Dallas is currently in the Wild Card slots and needs to better Real Salt Lake's result Saturday to avoid an extra match in the playoffs. San Jose is out of playoff contention.
- Bobby Convey announced this week that he will not be returning to the Earthquakes, claiming he rejected a 75 percent paycut.
- Chris Wondolowski has scored seven goals in the last eight games, after scoring in San Jose’s 2-1 loss in Seattle. A year ago, he scored 10 goals over the final eight games of the season to win the Golden Boot, finishing with 18 goals.
- Wondolowski has scored each of the last five goals the Earthquakes have scored. His 15 this season trails Dwayne De Rosario by one for the league lead.
- In their first meeting this year, Wondolowski scored both goals, leading the Quakes to a 2-0 win on March 26 at Pizza Hut Park.
- FC Dallas put an end to a three-game league losing streak at Pizza Hut Park in its 2-0 win against Vancouver. Earlier last week, it put an end to a four-game losing streak overall in a 2-1 win at Chicago. However, a 3-0 loss to Toronto eliminated Dallas from the CONCACAF Champions League.