With its ownership and management in flux, the Goats travel north on the I-5 to take on the league-topping Earthquakes.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Opara, Morrow; Chavez, Baca, Cronin, Dawkins; Gordon, Wondolowski.
OUT: MF Jean-Marc Alexandre (R knee MCL sprain); MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R groin strain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); DF Jason Hernandez (R hamstring strain); MF Shea Salinas (L hamstring strain); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, Valencia, Califf, Jazic; Bolanos, Joseph, LaBrocca, Bowen; Townsend, Agudelo.
OUT: MF Peter Vagenas (R hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: MF Ryan Smith (R hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chivas USA is in seventh place in the West, two spots out of a playoff berth. The Goats hold three games in hand over most playoff competitors. San Jose has the best record in MLS.
- Along with a league-leading 52 goals scored in 2012, San Jose also tops MLS with 57 assists, eight clear of second place LA Galaxy.
- With two goals in the 4-1 win over the Colorado Rapids, Alan Gordon has 11 this season. That trumps his total from the past three seasons combined. His 1.10 goals/90 minutes means Gordon could become only the third player to finish a season with double-digit goals and a better than 1.0 goals/90 minute record.
- This week, the Cue brothers, Antonio and Lorenzo, sold their half of Chivas USA to Jorge Vergara and his wife, Angélica Fuentes. A report in the LA Times indicated general manager Jose Domene, but Domene took to Twitter Thursday night to deny those rumors.
- On Wednesday, powered by a double from Shalrie Joseph and two assists from Juan Agudelo, the Goats roared back from three goals down to draw 3-3 with the New England Revolution.