This I-5 rivalry has typically gone the way of the Goats, but recent form suggests the 'Quakes are ready to rumble.
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Morrow, Opara, Corrales; Baca, Cronin, Moreno, Dawkins; Lenhart, Wondolowski.
OUT: DF Victor Bernardez (L knee MCL sprain); MF Marvin Chavez (L hamstring strain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); FW Alan Gordon (L hamstring strain); MF Shea Salinas (L clavicle fracture); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
|Chivas USA (4-4-2): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Valencia, Pearce; Bolanos, Minda, LaBrocca, Flores; Angel, Correa.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Ben Zemanski (R knee MCL sprain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- San Jose is second in the West on 22 points. Chivas USA is second from bottom with nine.
- The Earthquakes have scored the most goals in MLS - 21. Chris Wondolowski has a league-leading 11 goals. Chivas USA is tied for worst with five goals scored, from five different scorers.
- Two historical statistics favor the Goats. Chivas USA has a 6-1-2 all-time record against its California rival, including two wins in 2011. Also, the Goats have won three of four games away, losing all five at home.
- Steven Beitashour is tied for third in MLS with five assists.
- Oswaldo Minda is suspended for yellow-card accumulation.