The hosts have virtually assured their top-flight status for next season with a positive run, so Allegri's side will have their work cut out for them as they chase the Scudetto
Vitiello, Rosettini, Terzi, Del Grosso
Mannini, Vergassola, Gazzi, Brienza
Abate, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Antonini
Gattuso, Muntari, Emanuelson
Siena's recent positive form has seen it move up to 10th in the standings and coach Giuseppe Sannino will be hoping playmaker Franco Brienza and forward Mattia Destro can both light up the stage once again this week, as they have been pivotal to the Robur's cause in recent matches.
However, he may have to turn to veteran Erjon Bogdan as Destro's partner, as Emanuele Calaio has been ruled out for the rest of the season and Pablo Gonzalez is also injured. Defender Andrea Rossi is suspended, but left-back Cristiano Del Grosso should re-enter the fray after missing the 1-1 draw with Bologna in midweek.
AC Milan will welcome back center back Thiago Silva, a figure who could prove key in the final stretch of the season, from a muscle problem after a one-month lay off. This should allow aging Alessandro Nesta to rest after he has featured constantly in the Brazilian's absence with Mario Yepes taking the Italian's place.
Striker Alexandre Pato and combative midfielder Massimo Ambrosini are on the sidelines, but Kevin Prince-Boateng, who scored the winner versus Genoa on Wednesday, should start behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic and one of Robinho or Antonio Cassano.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Siena has lost just two of its last 10 Serie A matches, winning six of those. The club currently sits eight points above the relegation zone with four games remaining.
- Destro has scored in five of his last six appearances for the Robur. The 21-year-old has 10 goals in 27 appearances this campaign.
- The Tuscan club have not beaten Milan in league play since April 2005.
- AC Milan has come out as the victors on the last six occasions it has faced Siena in Serie A.
- Despite recent struggles on home soil, the Rossoneri have won five of their last six league matches on the road.
- The Rossoneri have the best attack in Serie A (scoring 64 times) and Ibrahimovic is the top-scorer thus far this season (with 24 goals).