The Bianconeri go into this match knowing they only need a draw to qualify from Group E against a Shakhtar side which has already booked its place in the next round.
Rat, Kucher, Rakytskiy, Srna
Willian, Eduardo, Teixeira
Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini
L'steiner, Vidal, Pogba, Pirlo, Asamoah
Luiz Adriano will be suspended for the host after his infamous goal against Nordsjaelland on matchday 5, which means this may well give a chance to former Arsenal striker Eduardo.
Defenders Dmytro Chygrynskiy and Tomas Hubschmann have been suffering with thigh problems recently and are unlikely to make the encounter with the Serie A giants. Olexandr Kucher will miss Shakhtar's next match in the Champions League if he receives another booking.
Meanwhile, for Juventus, two-goal hero at the weekend Claudio Marchisio will have to watch this one from the stands, having picked up a third booking in Europe against Chelsea on matchday 5. Paul Pogba started against Torino on Saturday and put in an impressive performance which may be rewarded with a place in the starting XI.
Giorgio Chiellini is walking a disciplinary tightrope as he will miss the Bianconeri's next match if he is cautioned in this one.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Shakhtar Donetsk has already qualified from Group E and any more than a point here against Juventus will ensure it tops the standings.
- The Miners have recorded 13 victories and just two defeats in their last 19 home games in Europe excluding qualifiers.
- The Ukrainian champions are the joint-top goalscorers with Paris Saint-Germain in this year's Champions League with 12 goals.
- Juventus can book its place in the next round with a draw but will top the group if it beats Shakhtar on Wednesday. If it loses and Chelsea wins against Nordsjaelland, it will be eliminated.
- The Bianconeri have picked up five draws in their last five encounters away from home in Europe.
- Mirko Vucinic (pictured, right) has gone nine league games without a goal, however, he was on the score-sheet for the Serie A champion against Nordsjaelland in the 1-1 draw on matchday 3.