A recently improved Seattle side comes up against a San Jose team with a penchant for dramatic comebacks.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Gspurning; Yedlin, Hurtado, Traore, Gonzalez; Rosales, Alonso, Carrasco, Evans; Johnson, Neagle.
OUT: Josh Ford (R patella fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: Marc Burch (pubic sprain), Shalrie Joseph (R hamstring strain), Obafemi Martins (R leg tendon injury), Steve Zakuani (abdominal strain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-3-3): Busch; Beitashour, Bernardez, Attakora, Morrow; Chavez, Cronin, Salinas; Gordon, Wondolowski, Lenhart.
OUT: Jason Hernandez (R calf strain), Brad Ring (R knee sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: David Bingham (L quad strain), Ty Harden (Osteitis pubis), Peter McGlynn (Osteitis pubis), Tommy Muller (Lower back spasms)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- After a five-game winless streak to start the season, in which they lost three games, the Sounders have turned their season around, and are on a four-game unbeaten run with two wins in their last three matches.
- San Jose has scored three winning or equalizing goals after the 90th minute of matches this season. Last year, the Quakes clawed back 13 points in stoppage time.
- These two teams contest the Heritage Cup rivalry. San Jose is the current holder, having won all three meetings with the Sounders last season.
- San Jose forward Mike Fucito began his professional career with Seattle.
- Each team will have a pair of players returning from suspension for this game. Seattle gets Lamar Neagle and DeAndre Yedlin back, while San Jose sees Steven Lenhart and Alan Gordon return.