Seattle has already sold a staggering 60,000 tickets for its final regular season match, with San Jose traveling up the West Coast to visit.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Keller; Riley, Hurtado, Ianni, Wahl; Neagle, Evans, Alonso, Fernandez; Montero, Fucito.||
OUT: GK Terry Boss (concussion); MF Michael Seamon (lateral ankle tendon); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); FW O’Brian White (leg surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Mauro Rosales (R knee MCL sprain); DF Jeff Parke (concussion)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Burling, Hernandez, Morrow; Baca, Ring, Cronin, Dawkins; Stephenson, Wondolowski.||
OUT: MF Andre Luiz (L knee injury); DF Ike Opara (L foot injury); FW Alan Gordon (surgery); FW Steven Lenhart (family leave); MF Bobby Convey (R knee inflammation)
DOUBTFUL: MF Anthony Ampaipitakwong (L groin strain); DF Ramiro Corrales (R ankle sprain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Nana Attakora (L hamstring strain); FW Scott Sealy (R quadriceps strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
With a point, Seattle can seal the second best record for the regular season. The Sounders have already clinched a playoff berth, their third in three years in MLS.
- The Earthquakes are already eliminated from postseason contention.
- Chris Wondolowski has scored San Jose's last four goals, taking his season tally to 14. He is tied with Thierry Henry and Dwayne De Rosario in the Golden Boot race.
- Already, Seattle has sold 60,000 tickets for this match, its last home game of the regular season. The Sounders have sold-out 48 consecutive matches and will set a league attendance record for the third year in a row. The record crowd will be the largest in MLS this season, the largest for a Seattle MLS game, and the largest MLS single game attendance since 2007.
- David Bingham marked his first MLS start during a 2-1 win over the New England Revolution last week with an assist. In a friendly earlier this year, Bingham scored from his own penalty box against West Bromwich Albion. However, Jon Busch (109 saves) is expected to reclaim his starting spot against Seattle and he could overtake Matt Reis (111 saves) for the most blocks this year. Kasey Keller is fourth in the league with 102.
- In the reverse fixture, Brad Evans and Steve Zakuani scored for Seattle, but San Jose replied both times with goals from Simon Dawkins and Khari Stephenson. The teams finished in a 2-2 draw on April 2 at Buck Shaw Stadium.