In their first appearance in the CCL semifinals, the Sounders will look to get off to a good start at CenturyLink Field
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Hahnemann; Yedlin, Hurtado, Traore, Gonzalez; Evans, Alonso, Rosales, Zakuani; Martins, Johnson.
|Santos Laguna (4-4-2): Sanchez; Baloy, Estrada, Mares, Figueroa; Calderon, Salinas, Crosas, Quintero; Gomez, Peralta.
- This is the first of a two-leg, aggregate goal semifinal. The second leg will be played on April 9 at Estadio Corona in Torreon, Mexico.
- Seattle became the first MLS team to eliminate a Mexican side from the modern-era Champions League when it defeated Tigres UANL in the quarterfinal. Santos Laguna got by the Houston Dynamo in its quarterfinal match.
- This is the first appearance for Sounders FC in the CCL semifinals, and they are the third MLS team to reach the semifinals in the competition's history.
- Marcus Hahnemann will get the start in goal for Seattle, with normal starter Michael Gspurning suspended due to yellow card accumulation.
- This is a replay of last year's quarterfinal CCL matchup. Seattle won the first leg 2-1 at home, but was crushed 6-1 in the return leg, falling 7-3 on aggregate. Santos would eventually go on to lose to Monterrey in the final.
- The winners of the semifinals will advance to the two-leg final, to be played on April 24 and May 1. The winner of the 2012-13 CONCACAF Champions League will earn a berth to the 2013 FIFA Club World Cup in Morocco.