The last time RSL rolled into Seattle it won 3-2 on aggregate in the playoffs, but will likely face sterner opposition this time, with the Sounders on a five-game winning streak.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Meredith; Johansson, Parke, Hurtado, Gonzalez; Rosales, Alonso, Evans, Estrada; Montero, Johnson.
OUT: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); DF Michael Tetteh (L hamstring strain); FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Reynish; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Grabavoy, Beckerman, Gil, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: GK Nick Rimando (R shoulder impingement)
DOUBTFUL: FW Cody Arnoux (L adductor strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Neither of these sides has had time for rest this week, with stretched and reserve-laden lineups playing midweek matches. Real Salt Lake ground out a 0-0 draw at the Chicago Fire and Fredy Montero came off the bench to score twice in a 2-0 win over FC Dallas.
- Wednesday's results saw Seattle (22) pull to within one point of RSL (23) atop the Western Conference standings. The Lakers (12) have played three more games than the Sounders (nine).
- The last time RSL visited the Emerald City it posted a 3-2 aggregate playoff win.
- Fredy Montero leads MLS with 46 shots attempted. The goals have only come recently, however. He has three goals and an assist in the last three games.
- Both teams will likely feature backup goalkeepers. Bryan Meredith has posted two shutouts in his first two professional starts, and Kyle Reynish kept a clean sheet midweek against Chicago.