Seattle needs to win a franchise first playoff match in hefty fashion or face exiting the postseason at the first hurdle to Salt Lake.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Keller; Riley, Hurtado, Parke, Wahl; Evans, Friberg, Osvaldo, Ferandez; Montero, Fucito.
OUT: GK Terry Boss (concussion); MF Michael Seamon (lateral ankle tendon); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); FW O’Brian White (leg surgery)
DOUBTFUL: GK Josh Ford (knee pain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Mauro Rosales (MCL sprain)
PROBABLE: MF Amadou Sanyang (knee sprain)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Russell, Schuler, Borchers, Wingert; Williams, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Espindola, Saborio.
OUT: MF Nelson González (R foot fracture)
DOUBTFUL: GK Kyle Reynish (R ankle bone spur); FW Cody Arnoux (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Jamison Olave (R quadriceps strain); DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain)
PROBABLE: DF Tony Beltran (L adductor strain); MF Ned Grabavoy (L adductor strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Salt Lake won the first leg 3-0, with Alvaro Saborio scoring a double and Javier Morales assisting twice. Substitute Ned Grabavoy also scored.
- "We're lucky we didn't lose 6-0," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "Everybody was the wrong choice. With the exception of (goalkeeper Kasey) Keller, nobody played real well." Keller made eight saves to keep his team, nominally, in the tie.
- The team posted a miserable 64 percent passing percentage, compared to RSL's 80 percent. The Sounders failed to put a shot on goal, and has only scored one goal in five playoff games, all losses.
- RSL is sweating over the fitness of central defensive pair Nat Borchers and Jamison Olave, both of whom limped out of the first leg with quad strains. The pair traveled to Seattle and will be game-time decisions, with fullback Chris Wingert and option to slide into the middle if neither is cleared.
- The teams traded 2-1 away wins in their regular season matchups. Real snapped a six-game winless run with the 3-0 victory.