The Sounders host Philadelphia, having just won their third straight U.S. Open Cup crown and with the Supporters' Shield still on the line.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Keller; Riley, Hurtado, Parke, Gonzalez; Fernandez, Evans, Alonso, Neagle; Fucito, Levesque.||
OUT: GK Terry Boss (concussion); MF Michael Seamon (lateral ankle tendon); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture); FW O’Brian White (leg surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Mauro Rosales (R knee MCL sprain); DF James Riley (concussion)
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Mondragon; Williams, Valdes, Califf, Farfan; Farfan, Okugo, Carroll, Mapp; Paunovic, Le Toux.||
OUT: GK Faryd Mondragon (R finger fracture); GK Thorne Holder (concussion); FW Levi Houapeu (L ankle strain)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Zac MacMath (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: FW Danny Mwanga (R hip strain); FW Veljko Paunovic (L calf strain)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Sounders are coming off a pair of wins: a 2-1 triumph at New England last weekend, and a 2-0 win against Chicago Tuesday to claim their third straight U.S. Open Cup title.
- Juan Pablo Angel scored a late equalizer for Chivas USA last weekend, as the Union had to settle for a 1-1 road draw.
- Seattle has become the first MLS team to reach the playoffs in each of its first three seasons in the league.
- Union goalkeeper Faryd Mondragon returned to training on Wednesday, and is expected to travel to Seattle after missing six games with a broken finger.
- The Sounders are still barely alive in the Supporters' Shield race, and a win in this one would see them pull to within four points of the LA Galaxy with two matches left.
- Fredy Montero will not play in this game due to yellow card accumulation.