Faltering FC Dallas hopes to pick things up again when it heads to Seattle to face the Sounders.
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-2-2-2): Weber; Yedlin, Hurtado, Traore, Gonzalez; Alonso, Evans; Rosales, Neagle; Johnson, Martins||
OUT: Josh Ford (R patella fracture), Steve Zakuani (athletic pubalgia), Michael Gspurning (left forearm injury), Marcus Hahnemann (hamstring strain), Shalrie Joseph (hamstring strain), Alex Caskey (ankle) and Philip Lund (foot)
QUESTIONABLE: Djimi Traore (hamstring), Andrew Duran (knee), and Adam Johansson (knee), Shalrie Joseph (hamstring strain),
|FC Dallas (4-4-2): Fernandez; Loyd, John, Hedges, Benitez; Jackson, Michel, Jacobson, Watson; Hassli, Cooper.||
OUT: Ugo Ihemelu (concussion) - IR, Peter Luccin (torn R ACL) - IR
Walker Zimmerman (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Once on top of Major League Soccer, FC Dallas has struggled mightily, falling out of the top five Western conference playoff seeds.
- Part of the team's struggles have come off the form of Kenny Cooper, who hasn't scored in seven matches.
- FC Dallas concedes only 0.77 goals per game when George John is on the field for FC Dallas compared to 2.13 when he is not. John returns to the starting XI this weekend.
- Seattle will be buoyed by the return of U.S. international Eddie Johnson and playing at home for this fixture. The Sounders are on an eight-match unbeaten run at Century Link field.
- Seattle has had its issues with discipline this year, with an MLS-leading six red cards issued to the team.
- Seattle has played the fewest games in MLS this year with only 19 matches. That's two games behind FC Dallas and three games behind the Los Angeles Galaxy.