Goal.com previews the action as new Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath makes his return to Schalke.
|Schalke: Neuer; Uchida, Hoewedes, Metzelder, Sarpei; Farfan, Papadopoulos, Jurado, Baumjohann; Raul, Edu
|Wolfsburg : Benaglio; Riether, Madlung, Kjaer, Schaefer; Cicero, Josue, Polak; Diego; Grafite, Helmes
- Schalke's Raul has scored six of Schalke's last 11 goals in the Bundesliga. Ten of his 12 goals have been scored at the Veltins Arena.
- Schalke, Wolfsburg and Bremen are the only Bundesliga teams who haven't won a single game in which they trailed this season.
- Die Knappen have conceded 33 goals in 28 Bundesliga appearances; only Dortmund have a better defensive record.
- Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath plied his trade at Schalke until March 16, when he was sacked. He moved to Lower Saxony two days later.
- Die Woelfe have avoided defeat in their last eight games against Schalke (four wins, four draws).
- Grafite has scored eight goals in five games against Schalke - more than any other team in the Bundesliga.
- Only Frankfurt (six) have earned fewer points in 2011 than Wolfsburg (nine).
November 13, 2010: Wolfsburg 2-2 Schalke
Not for the first time, Wolfsburg saw a home lead canceled out and had to settle for a draw. Grafite and Edin Dzeko netted a goal apiece within the opening 33 minutes, but Schalke pulled a goal back before half-time thanks to Edu. The visitors were better in the second half, but only managed to equalize under fortuitous circumstances as Klaas-Jan Huntelaar controlled a cross with his hand before netting to make it 2-2. Ashkan Dejagah was sent off shortly thereafter, but the hosts did just enough to hold onto their point until full time.
Follow Goal.com on to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best soccer fan community in the world!