With the CCL semifinal tie knotted at one goal apiece, Toronto heads down to Mexico to take on Santos Laguna, which tops the Mexican first division.
|Santos Laguna (4-4-2): Sanchez; Baloy, Estrada, Hoyos, Olvera; Crosas, Salinas, Ramirez, H. Gomez; Peralta, Suarez.||
|Toronto FC (4-3-3): Kocic; Eckersley, Harden, Aceval, Morgan; Dunfield, de Guzman, Johnson; Soolsma, Koevermans, Plata.
OUT: FW Nicholas Lindsay (L knee surgery recovery); DF Dicoy Williams (R knee surgery recovery); DF Jeremy Hall (sports hernia surgery recovery); MF Torsten Frings (R hamstring strain); GK Stefan Frei (L lower leg)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Miguel Aceval (R hamstring tightness)
PROBABLE: DF Adrian Cann (R knee surgery recovery)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams drew 1-1 in the first leg, with Herculez Gomez opening the scoring. The aggregate winner will advance to the CONCACAF Champions League and play either Pumas or Monterrey.
- Toronto is the first Canadian team to reach the CCL semifinals. Mexican teams have won every edition of the Champions League.
- Santos will miss Darwin Quintero and Osmar Mares because the pair saw red in an ill-tempered first leg. Toronto will be without Danny Koevermans due to yellow card accumulation.
- TFC goalkeeper Stefan Frei had surgery Tuesday to repair torn ligaments in his left ankle. He will miss four to six months. The other major absence for the Canadian club is captain Torsten Frings.
- Herculez Gomez has scored four goals in the CCL and five in the Mexican clausura. In the past seven games he's scored a staggering nine goals.