Fabio Capello has made the Russians a difficult side to beat but they will be tested by a young Stars and Stripes team.
Anyukov, Ber'skiy, Ignashevich, Kombarov
Denisov, Shirokov, Faizulin,
Dzagoev, Kerzhakov, Bystrov
Chandler, Bocanegra, Cameron, Johnson Bradley, Williams, Jones
Gatt, Altidore, Gomez
Jurgen Klinsmann's USA is expected to make a few changes to the squad as fans are given a glimpse into the future for this friendly with Russia in Krasnodar.
There are recalls to the side for AZ's Jozy Altidore, who missed the last two fixtures for the national team, and controversial young fullback Timmy Chandler, who has yet to tie himself to the Stars and Stripes as he can also play for Germany.
In come a flurry of potential young stars including Josh Gatt, who just won the Norweigan league title with Molde, 20-year-old Joe Gyau from Bundesliga club Hoffenheim, Mix Diskerud from Rosenborg and Chivas USA striker Juan Agudelo.
Tottenham's Clint Dempsey, LA Galaxy's Landon Donovan, Sporting Kansas City's Graham Zusi and Real Salt Lakes' Kyle Beckerman were all left out of this latest squad selection.
Fabio Capello's Russia, meanwhile, will be without Aleksandr Samedov who is suffering from an ankle ligament injury while starlets Denis Cheryshev (Real Madrid) and Fyodor Smolov (Anzhi Makhachkala) receive call ups to the full team after excelling at Under-21 level.
However, Yuri Zhirkov has been snubbed and there are still no places for Andrey Arshavin, Pavel Pogrebnyak and Roman Pavlyuchenko.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Russia has had a superb start to its World Cup qualifying campaign having taken maximum points from its first four games including a 1-0 victory over Portugal.
- Fabio Capello's men are ranked ninth in the world - the first time they have been in the top 10 since Oct. 2010 while the USA is listed inside the top 30 at No.27.
- Russia has never lost to the USA in the four meetings between the sides, a run which stretches back to Feb. 1993, not long after the Soviet Union was disbanded.
- USA's Juan Agudelo (pictured right), at 17, became the youngest ever player to score for the national team in 2010 when a goal on his debut gave the USA a 1-0 victory over South Africa.
- The USA roster consists of players representing leagues from 11 different countries. The German Bundesliga is home to the highest number of players from this roster with five members playing in the German top flight.
- The USA will end this year with their best winning percentage in the modern era having a 9-2-2 record in 2012.