Allegri's side looks to make it five on the bounce by bagging three more points on Saturday, while the capital club needs a convincing display to kick-start its season.
Cassetti, Burdisso, Juan, Jose Angel
Perrotta, De Rossi, Gago
Bojan, Borriello, Osvaldo
Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Taiwo
Aquilani, Van Bommel, Nocerino
Roma coach Luis Enrique will be boosted by the return of Brazilian defender Juan at the back, who seems likely to replace Gabriel Heinze after a poor display in the 2-1 defeat to Genoa on Wednesday. Other changes from their disappointing reverse include Marco Cassetti, who is in line to replace Simone Perrotta at right-back. David Pizarro, Erik Lamela and midweek goalscorer Fabio Borini are set to be dropped in favor of Perrotta, Marco Borriello and Pablo Osvaldo.
However, summer recruit Miralem Pjanic has been ruled out of the encounter, and joins Francesco Totti, Aleandro Rosi, Bogdan Lobont and Simon Kjaer on the treatment table, although it is expected that they will all return at some point next week.
Meanwhile for the Scudetto holder Milan is set to welcome back Alessandro Nesta into its fit ranks, after the defender missed the 4-1 win over Parma midweek. Elsewhere, Mark van Bommel should replace Massimo Ambrosini in midfield, while the rest of the side looks likely to remain unchanged.
Gennaro Gattuso and Mathieu Flamini are both still recovering from long-term setbacks for Milan, but Luca Antonini and Alexandre Pato are nearing a return, which will please boss Allegri.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Along with Cagliari, Roma is the lowest scorer in the top-half of the Serie A table, bagging just nine goals in eight games.
- Two of its three wins this season have come at the Olimpico, where it is unbeaten since the first match day.
- Roma has kept clean sheets in its last three fixtures against AC Milan, including five without defeat.
- AC Milan has won six of its past seven games, including a run of four straight victories.
- Despite being the highest scorer in Serie A, Milan has failed to keep a clean sheet in four games on the road in all competitions.
- Surprisingly, it has beaten Roma just once in the past 10 meetings, and hasn't won the away fixture since the 2004-05 campaign.