Luis Enrique's men will be hoping to avenge a loss to the Biancocelesti earlier in the season when the bitter rivals lock horns in the Derby della Capitale on Sunday.
Rosi, Juan, Heinze, Taddei
Marquinho, De Rossi, Pjanic
Diakite, Biava, Dias, Scaloni
Gonzalez, Hernanes, Mauri
Pablo Osvaldo, Marco Cassetti and Fernando Gago are all suspended and will miss the crunch clash for Roma at the weekend. Erik Lamela will likely replace Osvaldo up front to partner Fabio Borini in attack.
There is some good news coming out of Trigoria as Francesco Totti returned to training after injuring his foot during a practice game on Wednesday. The Giallorossi feared that he might miss the match because of the knock but the captain is certain to feature on Sunday.
Edy Reja is still the coach of Lazio after his resignation was rejected by club president Claudio Lotito last week. The 66-year-old will have to tinker with his back line as Stefan Radu, Abdoulay Konko and Luciano Zauri are all sidelined.
Influential veterans Cristian Brocchi and Tommaso Rocchi will also miss the match but Stefano Mauri, who returned last weekend after a long injury lay-off, is available for selection.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roma is unbeaten in its last seven matches at the Stadio Olimpico, outscoring its opponents 16-4 during that span.
- The Giallorossi are unbeaten in their last 13 derby matches when they are the 'home' team (W8 D5).
- Luis Enrique's men have picked up only two victories in their last seven games (W2 D2 L3).
- Roma has scored 15 goals in its last five encounters at home.
- Lazio has conceded 10 goals in its last four Serie A contests.
- The Biancocelesti have only secured one win in their last five games on the road.
- Reja's men have won seven matches by a one-goal margin this season.
- Lazio has been outscored 14-7 in its last five encounters away from home.