The Giallorossi are yet to taste victory in the league in 2013 and face a tricky test against the Italian champions, who can go eight points clear at the top of Serie A.
Marquinhos, Burdisso, Dodo
Lamela, Bradley, De Rossi, Marquinho
Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres
Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Pogba, Asamoah
Antonio Conte's side is looking to make it three wins on the bounce when it travels to the capital to take on a stumbling Roma side which is still getting used to life under interim coach Aurelio Andreazzoli.
Having emerged unscathed from the emphatic 3-0 victory away at Celtic in the Champions League on Tuesday night, the Juventus coach has no new injury concerns, although Federico Peluso and Claudio Marchisio are suspended. Kwadwo Asamoah could return to the starting XI after returning from international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana, while Leonardo Bonucci is also available having served his two-match domestic suspension.
Having both found the net in the Bianconeri's last two matches, Mirko Vucinic and Alessandro Matri are once again expected to lead the line. Nicolas Anelka could make his Serie A debut from the bench. Paolo De Ceglie and Luca Marrone are also pushing for starts.
Andreazzoli made numerous changes to Zdenek Zeman's favored starting lineup in the 3-1 defeat to Sampdoria and is faced with several injury concerns for Saturday.
Alessandro Florenzi did not take part in Thursday's training session as he is suffering from flu, and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo and Daniele De Rossi could face late fitness tests on their respective knee and thigh injuries.
The Giallorossi are already without Leonardo Castan, Federico Balzaretti and Mattia Destro for the clash against the Italian champion, so Andreazzoli will be hopeful that his star players can make a quick recovery.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus thumped the Giallorossi 4-1 in the reverse fixture earlier this season, with Andrea Pirlo, Arturo Vidal, Alessandro Matri and Sebastian Giovinco getting on the scoresheet.
- These two sides are Serie A’s top scorers, with 100 goals shared evenly between them. However, Roma has conceded the second-most in the division (45) while Conte's side has the best defensive record (16).
- Roma has lost four of its last six Serie A matches and is currently 10 points behind arch-rival Lazio which occupies the final Champions League spot.
- Roma has only been able to secure one victory in its last 15 Serie A encounters against Juventus, back in February 2004.
- Pablo Daniel Osvaldo and Erik Lamela are tied as the Giallorossi's top league goalscorers with 11 goals. Fabio Quagliarella leads the Old Lady's charts with seven.
- Mirko Vucinic (pictured, right) moved from Roma to Juventus in 2011 for a reported fee of 15 million euros. The Montenegrin has scored 19 goals in 62 games since joining.