Rome has not proved the most fruitful of hunting grounds for the Florence side which has not tasted victory against the Giallorossi in the capital in over two decades.
Taddei, Kjaer, Heinze, Angel
Gago, De Rossi, Marquinho
Cassani, Gamberini, Natali, Nastasic
Montolivo, Behrami, Lazzari, Pasqual
Luis Enrique's men have suffered an inconsistent second half to the season and are without a host of names for the visit of Fiorentina.
South American defenders Nicolas Burdisso and Juan are unlikely to feature due to injury. Bogdan Lobont, Leandro Greco, Fabio Simplicio, Marco Cassetti and Fabio Borini are all among those for the Giallorossi currently receiving treatment. Marquinho could start ahead of Miralem Pjanic in midfield having scored two goals in his last three games.
Viola, meanwhile, has slumped alarmingly close to the relegation zone following a run of just two wins in the last 11 games. One of those wins came at San Siro against AC Milan, and the hero of that match, Amauri, is suspended for the visit to the Olimpico.
Defensive duo Per Kroldrup and Michele Camporese are both sidelined through injury but Delio Rossi may well be able to welcome Juan Manuel Vargas back to the side after two weeks out.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Roma has won five of its last six games at home.
- Should Luis Enrique's men win, it will be the first time they have achieved back-to-back league victories since their first two fixtures of the year.
- Roma has suffered only three Serie A defeats in 16 home games this season.
- The Giallorossi have lost a total of 12 games this season, the worst record in the top-half alongside Inter and Chievo.
- In the reverse of this fixture earlier this season, Fiorentina ran out 3-0 winners at the Artemio Franchi.
- The Viola's last victory at Stadio Olimpico was back in February 1992 when it recorded a 3-1 win.
- Fiorentina has only taken three points on their travels on two occasions out of 16 games on the road this season.
- Delio Rossi's side could drop into the relegation zone should it lose and Genoa and Lecce win. However, the Griffins travel to San Siro on Saturday and Serge Cosmi's side hosts Napoli.