In the last matchday of the season, Vancouver will celebrate being the first Canadian team in the playoffs as RSL eyes second spot in the West.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Wingert, Borchers, Mansally; Gil, Morales, Beckerman, Johnson; Espindola, Paulo Jr.
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture)
DOUBTFUL: DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe (R leg strain); DF Jamison Olave (L quad strain)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Ned Grabavoy (R quad strain)
PROBABLE: DF Chris Wingert (turf toe); DF Tony Beltran (R knee soreness); FW Fabian Espindola (general soreness)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-5-1): Knighton; YP Lee, DeMerit, O'Brien, Harvey; Camilo, Rochat, Robson, Koffie, Richards; Miller.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the last matchday of the regular season. Both of these teams have qualified for the playoffs.
- Vancouver will finish fifth in the West and play the LA Galaxy in a playoff. The Whitecaps are the first Canadian team to make it into the MLS playoffs.
- Salt Lake can finish second or third. Currently, it is tied with the Seattle Sounders on points.
- The teams have split the two previous games in this fixture thus far this season, each winning at home by a 2-1 scoreline. In fact, the home side has won in each of the four all-time MLS meetings between these clubs.
- Fabian Espindola (three) and Alvaro Saborio (three) have scored all of RSL's last six goals.