Second-place in the West RSL hosts third-place Vancouver, as these two teams jockey for position in the playoff race.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Watson-Siriboe, Borchers, Wingert; Grabavoy, Alvarez, Steele, Morales; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response); GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist stress fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Jamison Olave (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Ned Grabavoy (L knee MCL strain); DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain); FW Fabian Espindola (R ankle sprain)
|Vancouver Whitecaps (4-5-1): Cannon; Lee, DeMerit, Bonjour, Rochat; Richards, Koffie, Robson, Davidson, Sanvezzo; Mattocks.
OUT: FW Omar Salgado (R foot fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: MF John Thorrington (R quad strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Salt Lake will be without Jonny Steele, who is suspended for this match.
- Vancouver keeper Joe Cannon is just 515 minutes away from becoming the third player to reach 30,000 minutes played in MLS, a mark only Kevin Hartman and Steve Ralston have surpassed.
- RSL is second in the West, with 39 points from 22 points.
- Vancouver sits five points behind the Royals in third place in the West, just ahead of Cascadia rivals Seattle Sounders FC.
- Whitecaps rookie Darren Mattocks leads all rookies with six goals.