Real Salt Lake looks to bolster its playoff credentials against the leakiest defense in the Western Conference.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Shuler, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Steele, Grabavoy, Morales, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture); DF Kwame Watson-Siriboe (R adductor strain)
PROBABLE: DF Jamison Olave (L hamstring strain); DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone bruise); DF Kenny Mansally (L knee MCL sprain)
|Portland Timbers (4-4-1-1): Bendik; Kimura, Mosquera, Horst, Wallace; Zizzo, Jewsbury, Chara, Songo'o; Nagbe; Dike.
OUT: MF Diego Chara (L adductor strain); GK Donovan Ricketts (L shoulder separation); DF Chris Taylor (R hip surgery)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Jake Gleeson (R hand contusion)
PROBABLE: MF Freddie Braun (abdominal strain); DF Andrew Jean-Baptiste (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams are meeting for the third time this season. RSL won 3-2 on March 31 at Jeld-Wen Field as Jonny Steele scored in the 89th minute and Kyle Beckerman hit the winner in stoppage time. Real won 3-0 on July 7 at Rio Tinto Stadium thanks to a hat trick from Alvaro Saborio.
- Real Salt Lake has converted all four of its penalty kicks this season, joining the Montreal Impact (nine for nine) as the only teams with more than three attempts that are perfect from the spot.
- Despite a relatively comfortable position in the table, RSL has struggled recently, with the Royals taking all three points in just one of their last half-dozen matches.
- Portland's away goal difference of -22 is the worst in MLS this season.
- Real Salt Lake has scored 27 goals in the second half of games this season, nearly twice as many as Portland’s 14.