The opening game of the season featured these two teams as well, with LA out for a bit of revenge for that 3-1 comeback win by RSL.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Borchers, Wingert; Grabavoy, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Espindola, Saborio.
OUT: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone stress response); MF Luis Gil (R knee strain); DF Leone Cruz (L hamstring strain)
PROBABLE: MF Javier Morales (R quadriceps strain); DF Jamison Olave (R calf strain)
|LA Galaxy (4-4-1-1): Saunders; Franklin, DeLaGarza, Junior Lopes, Dunivant; Jordan, Beckham, Juninho, Donovan; Sarvas; Barrett.
OUT: DF Andrew Boyens (L sports hernia surgery); FW Edson Buddle (R knee surgery); FW Adam Cristman (concussion); DF Omar Gonzalez (L knee surgery); MF Dan Keat (R knee surgery); DF Leonardo (R knee inflammation)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Bryan Gaul (facial fracture); MF Hector Jimenez (L quad hematoma)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- RSL beat LA 3-1 on the opening day of the season with a late comeback. The Galaxy could even the score for the season, as well as in the all-time records, which RSL leads 8-7-5.
- RSL has won all three meetings in Rio Tinto Stadium. The Galaxy's lone win in Utah came on April 29, 2006 in Rice-Eccles Stadium via a 3-2 scoreline.
- Kyle Beckerman, Alvaro Saborio and David Beckham are all one booking away from a suspension.
- Salt Lake is fresh off a 3-0 win over the league's other Los Angeles-based team, Chivas USA. The win extended the Lakers' unbeaten run to seven matches and keeps them top of the league with 32 points.
- Beckham has recorded assists three matches in a row, the latest helping the Galaxy to a 1-0 win over the Portland Timbers, the team's first clean sheet of the season. It was also LA's first win since April 21 and dragged it off the Western Conference basement. Portland and FC Dallas are one point worse off, with 13 each.