The Rocky Mountain Cup resumes with the Rapids visiting Salt Lake, looking for a first win in seven tries against RSL.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Borchers, Olave, Wingert; Steele, Beckerman, Gil, Johnson; Saborio, Espindola.||
DOUBTFUL: FW Cody Arnoux (L adductor strain), MF Enzo Martinez (lower back spasms), MF Nico Muñiz (R MCL sprain)
|Colorado Rapids (4-3-3): Pickens; Kimura, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Larentowicz, Castrillon, Rivero; Mullan, Cummings, Cascio.
OUT: MF Jamie Smith (R ACL tear); DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches)
DOUBTFUL: FW Conor Casey (L Achilles tear)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Last-game results in the Rocky Mountain Cup put Real Salt Lake into the playoffs at the expense of Colorado in 2008 and 2009. A loss to RSL also prevented the Rapids from making the playoffs in 2007.
- In all, RSL hasn't lost to Colorado in six games, with two wins and four draws.
- This is Colorado's first match against Western Conference opposition. Fresh off a 2-0 win over the Chicago Fire, the Rapids have nine points from four games, tied for second in the West.
- First in the West, of course, is Real, with one extra game played. A midweek win over the Montreal Impact moved the team up to 12 points.
- "I expect and demand a better effort from all the guys, and I’m quite certain I will get it," Jason Kreis said after the Montreal game. "It should be a great game because Colorado is a very good team this year. They are looking quite different than they have over the past several seasons, and maybe it will be a beautiful soccer game."