Former coaching prodigy Robin Fraser returns to Salt Lake in search of a first point against his former mentor.
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Olave, Schuler, Wingert; Velasquez, Beckerman, Gil, Grabavoy; Espindola, Paulo Jr.||
QUESTIONABLE: DF Nat Borchers (L quadriceps strain); MF Will Johnson (R adductor strain)
PROBABLE: FW Álvaro Saborío (R knee internal injury)
|Chivas USA (4-5-1): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Pearce, Jazic; Courtois, Minda, LaBrocca, Vagenas, Smith; Townsendi.||
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL); DF Michael Lahoud (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Juan Pablo Angel (head contusion); MF Laurent Courtois (L calf strain)
PROBABLE: MF Blair Gavin (R hamstring strain); FW Alejandro Moreno (broken nose)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Last year RSL posted two 1-0 wins over Chivas USA to extend its unbeaten run against the Goats to five (four wins, one draw).
- Chivas coach Robin Fraser was formerly an assistant under Jason Kreis at Salt Lake.
- Real has opened the 2012 season with victories over the two MLS teams with the highest payrolls. Fabian Espindola scored in each win, away against the LA Galaxy and at home versus the New York Red Bulls.
- During that same stretch, Chivas USA has lost two matches at home. The defeat to the Houston Dynamo was no surprise, give the Goats' awful record against that team (two wins in franchise history), but the Vancouver Whitecaps had never won away before beating Chivas 1-0.
- Javier Morales' second son, Mateo, was born this week.
- Chivas USA signed goalkeeper Patrick McLain and defender Scott Gordon this week.