After dropping four points in the space of four days, the league leader vies to bounce back against the Basque outfit at the Santiago Bernabeu without the suspended Jose Mourinho.
Arbeloa, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo
Callejon, Kaka, Ronaldo
Cadamuro, Gonzalez, I. Martinez, De la Bella
Prieto, Zurutuza, Griezmann
Sergio Ramos and Mesut Ozil are suspended for Real Madrid's Primera Division encounter with Real Sociedad at the Bernabeu on Saturday. The duo were dismissed in the ill-tempered 1-1 draw at Villarreal along with boss Jose Mourinho, who serves a touchline ban.
With Ricardo Carvalho struggling to recover from a thigh problem, Raphael Varane looks set to start in central defense in place of Ramos.
Fabio Coentrao is likely to be involved after being omitted for "technical reasons" against Villarreal. Angel Di Maria (thigh) is still sidelined.
Carlos Martinez and Markel Bergara are out injured for Real Sociedad, who look to recover from Wednesday's 3-1 home defeat to Levante.
Gorka Elustondo misses out after his red card against Levante, as does Dani Estrada, who received his fifth yellow card of the season in the same match.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Madrid's 1-1 draw at Villarreal was the first time it had dropped points away from home since a goalless stalemate at Racing Santander in September.
- The Castilian side has won its last six encounters against Real Sociedad.
- Karim Benzema (pictured right) has scored 60 goals in all competitions since joining Madrid, nine more than the club's next highest French-born goalscorer, Zinedine Zidane.
- Real Sociedad has lost six of its last ten matches in La Liga.
- The Basque outfit is on a four-game losing streak away from home.
- Sociedad's last victory at the Santiago Bernabeu came in May 2004.
For all the latest action, check out the Fox Soccer Plus FREE Trial