Jurgen Klopp's side recorded a 4-1 win over the Spanish champions in Germany last week and will look to finish the job at the Bernabeu on Tuesday
Real Madrid is likely to welcome Alvaro Arbeloa back into the defense after his suspension for the first leg. Pepe will drop to the bench, leaving Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane to partner one another at center back.
Angel Di Maria will start on the wing after the birth of his daughter confined him to the bench in Germany. Cristiano Ronaldo has been training on his own as he looks to overcome a thigh injury and, although he is classed as a doubt, the Portuguese is likely to make the XI.
Finally, Gonzalo Higuain is likely to retain his place up front ahead of Karim Benzema.
Jurgen Klopp, meanwhile, should name the same team that won so impressively at Signal Iduna Park. Lukasz Piszczek has been struggling with a groin problem but should start in defense alongside Neven Subotic, Mats Hummels and Marcel Schmelzer.
The likes of Felipe Santana, Mitchell Langerak, Moritz Leitner, Oliver Kirch and Julian Schieber were given a run-out against Fortuna Dusseldorf but will drop out as BVB names a more familiar lineup.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Madrid is bidding to reach its 13th European Cup final. The last time the club lost in the showpiece was in 1981. BVB has reached one final in its history, beating Juventus in 1997.
- Cristiano Ronaldo's goal against the Germans in the first leg was his 50th in the competition.
- Jose Mourinho's men lost to German opposition - Bayern Munich - in last season's semifinals. This is the third straight year that they have reached this stage.
- Only one team has progressed having lost the first leg 4-1, with Deportive La Coruna recording a 4-0 second-leg win in Spain against AC Milan.
- Borussia Dortmund overcame Spanish opposition in the last round of the competition, beating Malaga 3-2 on aggregate.
- BVB lost at this stage of the competition to Real Madrid in 1998, with the Spaniards going on to win the competition.
Robert Lewandowski became the first player to score four goals against Madrid in the Champions League in the first leg.