Jose Mourinho's side travels to Seville knowing it cannot afford to lose any more ground in the title race, with a crucial derby against city rivals Atletico Madrid looming.
Nelson, Dorado, Amaya, Martinez
Pozuelo, Sevilla, Juan Carlos
Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Coentrao
Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
Real Betis defenders Paulao and Mario will miss Saturday's Primera Division clash with Real Madrid at the Benito Villamarin through injury.
Brazilian Paulao has been ruled out for four weeks after pulling his hamstring in the 5-1 defeat at Sevilla last weekend, while Mario is expected to be on the sidelines for a similar length of time with a calf problem. Striker Jonathan Pereira (ankle) should be available but midfielder Ruben Perez is suspended after being sent off in the Seville derby.
Mesut Ozil is likely to return to the Real Madrid starting XI after being an unused substitute in Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Manchester City. But striker Gonzalo Higuain is not yet fully fit with a hamstring problem which has kept the Argentine sidelined for the last two weeks.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Betis has won just three of its last nine matches in all competitions (W3, D1, L5).
- Los Verdiblancos have lost their last four encounters with Real Madrid with an aggregate score of 5-15.
- Betis' last home Liga win over Real Madrid was a 2-1 success in February 2008.
- Real Madrid has won its last five Liga matches and is unbeaten in its last eight.
- With only nine goals conceded, the Castilian side boasts the joint-best defensive record in the Primera Division.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured, right) needs to score three more times to overtake Paco Gento's tally of 126 goals and become the sixth all-time highest goal scorer for Madrid in La Liga.