The Seleccao have drawn blanks in their last two matches and will be looking for a positive result before they travel to their pre-Euro base in Opalenica.
J. Pereira, Pepe, B. Alves, Coentrao
Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo
Gonul, Toprak, Kaya, Kaldirim
Gokhan Tore, Yilmaz, Turan
Portugal coach Paulo Bento has almost a full squad to choose from, after Ricardo Quaresma fully recovered from a muscular problem that had afflicted him earlier in the week. The only exception is Silvestre Varela, who sustained a thigh injury on Monday and is expected to miss the match.
Rui Patricio, Raul Meireles, Nani and Pepe are tipped to make the starting XI this time as Bento is expected to field his strongest team on Saturday.
Turkey boss Abdullah Avci has been rotating his players in the last matches, but he is expected to put experimenting on the side and name a strong starting team, with Burak Yilmaz leading the attack after scoring three goals in the last two matches.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Portugal booked a place at Euro 2012 only via the play-off system after finishing second in its qualifying group.
- This will be the sixth time that the Seleccao will take part in an European Championship.
- Paulo Bento's side has not missed a single edition of the Euro since 1992.
- Turkey finished second in its Euro 2012 qualifying group, losing to Croatia in the playoffs 3-0 on aggregate.
- Abdullah Avci took charge of the national team after the two-legged tie, replacing Guus Hiddink.
- The last match between the two teams took place at Euro 2008, with Portugal coming out on top 2-0.
- However, Turkey made in 2008 their best campaign in a Euro tournament, reaching the semifinals, where they lost to runner-up Germany.