Steve Zakuani could make a return from a year-long absence due to a snapped leg against fierce Cascadia rival Portland.
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins, Chabala, Danso, Mosquera, Jewsbury; Songo'o, Nagbe, Chara, Alhassan; Boyd, Mwanga.
OUT: DF Eric Brunner (concussion); DF Rodney Wallace (R ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: FW Danny Mwanga (L quadriceps contusion)
|Seattle Sounders FC (4-4-2): Weber; Burch, Hurtado, Parke, Scott; Caskey, Alonso, Evans, Rosales; Montero, Johnson.
OUT: FW Babayele Sodade (R knee ACL tear); FW David Estrada (L foot fracture)
DOUBTFUL: GK Michael Gspurning (R hip strain); DF Leo Gonzalez (L quad strain); DF Adam Johansson (R hamstring strain); MF Steve Zakuani (R leg fracture)
QUESTIONABLE: GK Josh Ford (R knee stress fracture); DF Patrick Ianni (lower back pain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Seattle won 3-2 in last year's fixture against Portland, taking an early lead in the MLS all-time record. The teams drew in Seattle.
- Both of these teams have drawn with the Vancouver Whitecaps. The team with the best head-to-head record among the three Pacific Northwest sides will win the Cascadia Cup.
- This is the first time Mike Fucito will face the Sounders. He played for Seattle from 2009-11.
- The Sounders are mired in a six-game winless run, extended by a 1-1 draw with Sporting Kansas City on Wednesday. The good news was that Steve Zakuani made the bench for the first time in a year after a nasty leg break in April 2011.
- Bottom of the Western Conference with 13 points, the Timbers shook up the offensive line, sending Jorge Perlaza to Philadelphia for Danny Mwanga. Mwanga couldn't turn things around in his first game, however, with Portland losing 1-0 to the LA Galaxy last week.