Both teams in Thursday's Major League Soccer clash are coming off uplifting wins over the weekend.
|Portland Timbers (4-3-3): Ricketts; Jewsbury, Silvestre, Danso, Harrington; W. Johnson, Chara, Valeri; Nagbe, R. Johnson, Wallace.
OUT: Bright Dike (L ACL surgery), David Horst (R tibia plateau surgery), Brent Richards (L ACL surgery)
|New England Revolution (4-1-4-1): Shuttleworth; Barnes, McCarthy, Gonçalves, Tierney; Cisse; Guy, Nguyen, Rowe, Fagundez; Bengtson.||
OUT: Kevin Alston (illness) - DL, A.J. Soares (R hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: Chad Barrett (L hamstring strain), Juan Toja (L knee irritation)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Portland beat Sporting Kansas City 3-2 over the weekend, extending its unbeaten run to a club-record six matches.
- Diego Valeri notched his first two assists in MLS in that match.
- New England won 2-0 over the Philadelphia Union, doubling its goal haul for the season. The win ended a five-game winless streak.
- Diego Fagundez and Lee Nguyen scored in that match, marking the first time a Revs player had scored since the opening game of the season.
- In three all-time MLS meetings between these teams, each has won one, drawn one and lost one.