Huge playoff implications are at stake when these teams meet at JELD-WEN Field, with Houston in 10th and Portland only three points behind.
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins; Palmer, Danso, Brunner, Chabala; Zizzo, Jewsbury, Chara, Nagbe; Cooper, Perlaza.||
OUT: GK Adin Brown (concussion); DF Kevin Goldthwaite (L knee ACL rupture); FW Eddie Johnson (concussion); FW Spencer Thompson (R knee)
PROBABLE: DF David Horst (L groin strain); GK Troy Perkins (R hip soreness); FW Jorge Perlaza (lower back soreness)
Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Cameron, Boswell, Ashe; Clark, Camargo, Moffat, Davis; Ching, Costly.
OUT: FW Cam Weaver (R hip)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Dynamo is currently occupying the tenth and final playoff spot in MLS, but Portland is just three points back and has a game in hand.
- Portland spoiled Vancouver's opening game at BC Place in its last match, winning 1-0 on the strength of a Kenny Cooper goal.
- Houston is currently in a four-match unbeaten streak and drew 1-1 at home with Chicago in its last match.
- In the reverse fixture, the Dynamo defeated the Timbers 2-1 at Robertson Stadium in August.
- Kenny Cooper has scored three goals in his last four games, and is now tied for the Portland team lead with seven.
- If the Dynamo can win this match, then win at home next week against the LA Galaxy, it will guarantee a place in the MLS playoffs.