The two worst record in the West meet up in Portland, with the Timbers looking for a first win in eight matches.
|Portland Timbers (4-5-1): Perkins; Kimura, Mosquera, Horst, Smith; Richards, Jewsbury, Chara, Nagbe, Songo'o; Boyd.
OUT: DF Chris Taylor (R hip surgery)
PROBABLE: DF Eric Brunner (R knee LCL sprain); DF Futty Danso (L knee tendinitis)
|FC Dallas (4-4-2): Hartman; Loyd, Pertuz, John, Benitez; Castillo, Hernandez, Ferreira, Jacobson, Shea; Sealy.
OUT: DF Ugo Ihemelu (concussion symptoms); DF Alex Lee (lower abdominal strain); MF Jackson (concussion symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Blas Perez (R foot sprain); MF Ricardo Villar (R foot strain)
PROBABLE: DF Matt Hedges (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams prop up the Western Conference. Dallas, with 22 points, has played two more games than Portland, 19 points.
- FCD has a .500 winning percentage (3-3-5) when scoring first, the worst in the league.
- The Timbers haven't scored in three matches. Opposition teams have outscored them 7-0 in that time. The Timbers have lost seven MLS matches in a row.
- Dallas took advantage of that miserable run, thrashing Portland 5-0 on July 21. Aside from that heavy win, Dallas has only won one other match since April 14.
- Three Timbers players are a booking away from a suspension: Jack Jewsbury, Lovel Palmer and Franck Songo'o.