The two worst teams in the West battle to avoid the dreaded wooden spoon when the Rapids visit Oregon.
|Portland Timbers (4-2-3-1): Ricketts; Kimura, Mosquera, Horst, Smith; Palmer, Jewsbury; Zizzo, Nagbe, Songo'o; Dike.
OUT: DF Chris Taylor (R hip surgery)
PROBABLE: MF Kalif Alhassan (L patellar tendinitis); GK Jake Gleeson (R groin strain)
|Colorado Rapids (4-5-1): Pickens; Freeman, Wynne, Moor, Zapata; Mullan, Nane, Rivero, Larentowicz, Castrillon; Cummings.
OUT: DF Anthony Wallace (L Achilles tear); MF Pablo Mastroeni (headaches); FW Edu (R foot contusion)
QUESTIONABLE: FW Kamani Hill (L quad strain)
PROBABLE: FW Omar Cummings (R ankle soreness)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Darlington Nagbe scored for the third consecutive game over the weekend, netting the opener against Vancouver. The goals are his first since scoring three in the opening four games of the season.
- Portland is the only team in MLS which has yet to be awarded a penalty kick this season.
- Colorado has conceded two goals or more in seven of its last nine league matches.
- The Rapids have won all three meetings between the clubs, scoring seven goals and allowing only one.
- Colorado's Matt Pickens has the second-highest number of saves of any MLS keeper, with 86.