A little over a week after beating the Timbers in California, Chivas USA heads up to Oregon for a quick rematch.
|Portland Timbers (4-4-2): Perkins; Kimura, Mosquera, Horst, Smith; Alhassan, Chara, Jewsbury, Alexander; Boyd, Mwanga.
OUT: DF Eric Brunner (concussion symptoms); DF Chris Taylor (R hip surgery)
PROBABLE: DF Steven Smith (R patellar tendinitis)
|Chivas USA (4-2-3-1): Kennedy; Riley, McKenzie, Califf, Jazic; Gavin, Zemanski; Cardozo, LaBrocca, Bolanos; Correa.
OUT: MF Marvin Iraheta (L knee ACL); MF Oswaldo Minda (L shoulder); MF Peter Vagenas (R hamstring strain); MF Ryan Smith (R hamstring strain)
FW PROBABLE: Juan Agudelo (L knee)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the fifth all-time MLS meeting between these teams, and third this season. A little over a week ago the Goats beat Portland 1-0.
- With one more goal, Kris Boyd will tie Kenny Cooper and Jack Jewsbury as the Timbers' all-time leading scorer.
- Troy Perkins should make his 50th consecutive start against Chivas USA.
- Chivas USA, with 23 points, is sixth in the West. Portland is four points back and props up the conference.
- Jake Gleeson will miss this match as he is representing New Zealand at the Olympics.