The slow-starting Union's recent good form will be put to the test against the top team in the Western Conference.
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): MacMath; Gaddis, Califf, Valdes, Lopez; M. Farfan, Gomez, Carroll, Adu; Pajoy, Mwanga.
OUT: MF Roger Torres (L knee menisectomy/MCL sprain/bone contusion); FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion)
DOUBTFUL: DF Gabriel Farfan (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Sheanon Williams (L knee MCL sprain)
PROBABLE: DF Danny Califf (L hamstring strain); GK Chris Konopka (L wrist sprain)
|San Jose Earthquakes (4-4-2): Busch; Beitashour, Opara, Hernandez, Morrow; Moreno, Cronin, Baca, Dawkins; Stephenson, Wondolowski.
OUT: DF Victor Bernardez (L knee MCL sprain); MF Joey Gjertsen (R knee surgery); FW Alan Gordon (L hamstring strain); MF Cesar Diaz Pizarro (R hamstring strain); MF Shea Salinas (L clavicle fracture); DF Tim Ward (L non-specific soft tissue injury)
DOUBTFUL: DF Ramiro Corrales (R calf strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Ike Opara (R hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chris Wondolowski is tied with Thierry Henry for the MLS lead in goals with eight.
- The Union haven't been scored on in 334 minutes, last allowing a goal on March 24 to Chicago's Dominic Oduro.
- With his team's 3-1 win against Real Salt Lake, Earthquakes coach Frank Yallop became the sixth MLS head coach to win 100 games.
- The Union will be missing a number of faces in this game through suspension. Gabriel Farfan and Keon Daniel received red cards against Chivas USA, and head coach Peter Nowak was suspended for leaving his technical area and entering the field of play.
- Union Designated Player Freddy Adu recorded his first goal of the season last week against Chivas USA.