Coming off a big Champions League win on Tuesday, Real Salt Lake travels to PPL Park, where it has never won a game.
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Gaddis, Valdes, Okugo, G. Farfan; M. Farfan, Carroll, Lahoud; Adu, McInerney, Cruz.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Jorge Perlaza (low back strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Gabriel Farfan (L knee contusion); MF Michael Farfan (R foot contusion)
|Real Salt Lake (4-4-2): Rimando; Beltran, Watson-Siriboe, Borchers, Wingert; Grabavoy, Beckerman, Morales, Johnson; Paulo Jr., Saborio.
OUT: GK Lalo Fernandez (R wrist fracture); DF Jamison Olave (L hamstring strain)
DOUBTFUL: DF Chris Schuler (L foot bone bruise)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Union defender Sheanon Williams will be absent through suspension after picking up a pair of yellow cards against D.C. United on Sunday.
- Real Salt Lake is 11-1-0 in league play when scoring the first goal, a winning percentage that trails only Seattle Sounders FC and the Chicago Fire, respectively.
- The Royals are undefeated all-time against the Union. RSL has won two of the four meetings between the clubs, both at Rio Tinto Stadium; the teams have played to two draws at PPL Park.
- Real striker Álvaro Sabório continued his hot streak, scoring his seventh goal over the last seven games, in the club’s 2-1 loss to FC Dallas. Sabório is tied for second in the MLS Golden Boot standings with 14 goals.
- Philadelphia has cooled off since a hot start under interim head coach John Hackworth. The Union is winless in its last three matches.