The underachieving-but-improving Union set their sights on hauling in Montreal in front of a home crowd.
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Williams, Valdes, Okugo, G. Farfan; M. Farfan, Carroll, Lahoud; Adu, McInerney, Pajoy.
OUT: FW Chandler Hoffman (L big toe fracture); FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: DF Bakary Soumare (R knee meniscus recovery)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Ray Gaddis (R shoulder contusion)
PROBABLE: DF Carlos Valdes (R knee contusion); GK Zac MacMath (R ring finger avulsion)
|Montreal Impact (4-5-1): Ricketts; Valentin, Nesta, Camara, Brovsky; Arnaud, Warner, Mapp, Bernier, Neagle; Di Vaio.
OUT: DF Matteo Ferrari (R quad strain); DF Nelson Rivas (abdomen); FW Bernardo Corradi (L knee ACL tear); FW Andrew Wenger (L hamstring strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This will be the first-ever meeting between these two clubs.
- Philadelphia is 4-3-2 against Canadian opposition all-time, and 1-1-1 against this season against teams from north of the border this season.
- Newly-signed Montreal defender Alessandro Nesta, who won a World Cup with Italy in 2006, could make his debut in this match.
- After being held scoreless while playing only 93 minutes all season as of June 15, Philadelphia’s Jack McInerney has scored three goals in his last four games in 302 minutes of play.
- By defeating Columbus 2-1 on Sunday, the Impact ended a three-game winless run.