With Brad Davis enjoying a career year, Houston is edging toward the playoffs. Up next is the floundering Union.
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Williams, Valdes, Okugo, G. Farfan; Caroll, M. Farfan, Gomez; Hoppenot, McInerney, Cruz.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Bakary Soumare (R knee inflammation)
PROBABLE: MF Michael Farfan (L hamstring strain); MF Danny Cruz (L big toe sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-3-3): Hall; Sarkodie, Boswell, Taylor, Hainault; Davis, Clark, Boniek; Carr, Bruin, Kandji.
OUT: DF Corey Ashe (L hamstring strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Jermaine Taylor (L quad contusion)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Houston beat Philly earlier in the season when a late Brian Ching penalty decided the June 30 encounter.
- After a midweek loss to D.C. United, Philadelphia has 27 points from 27 games, good for ninth in the East. The Dynamo fill the final playoff slot in the East, with 46 points.
- Last weekend Antoine Hoppenot recorded his first MLS assist in the 1-1 draw with Toronto FC, adding it to his two goals this year.
- Brad Davis has scored seven goals this year, a career high. Combined with his 11 assists, the 25 points are also a career high.
- Michael Farfan leads the Union with four assists and six yellow cards.