The Union make their MLS playoff debut in the first leg of the Eastern Conference semifinals against two-time MLS champs the Dynamo.
|Philadelphia Union (4-4-2): Mondragon; G. Farfan, Valdes, Califf, Williams; Carroll, Mapp, M. Farfan, Adu; Le Toux, Mwanga.||
OUT: GK Thorne Holder (concussion); FW Levi Houapeu (L ankle strain);
DOUBTFUL: FW Veljko Paunovic (R hamstring strain);
QUESTIONABLE: MF Justin Mapp (L quad strain);
PROBABLE: DF Joe Tait (R ankle sprain)
|Houston Dynamo (4-4-2): Hall; Hainault, Boswell, Cameron, Ashe; Cruz, Moffat, Carmargo, Davis; Ching, Costly.||
OUT: FW Cam Weaver (R hip)
||DID YOU KNOW?|
The Dynamo come into this series on a hot streak, having won four of five matches to clinch the second seed in the East.
- In two regular season meetings this year, the Dynamo outshot the Union 35 to 15, but the Union won the first match 1-0, and the two teams tied the second match 1-1.
- Houston midfielder Brad Davis led the league in assists this season with 16.
- Union striker Sebastien Le Toux was on a tear during the latter part of the season, scoring 10 goals in his last 12 matches.
- The Union are undefeated against the Dynamo all-time, with a 2-0-2 record
- To have a chance in this two-leg playoff, Philadelphia will likely need a result at home against a Dynamo side that was poor away from home all year, posting a 2-6-9 record.
- No Dynamo player has more than five goals this year.