Riding the white-hot Federico Higuain, the Crew have a chance to win three in a row for the first time this season.
|Philadelphia Union (4-2-3-1): MacMath; Gaddis, Okugo, Valdes, G. Farfan; Carroll, Lahoud; Cruz, M. Farfan, Adu; McInerney.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
DOUBTFUL: FW Jorge Perlaza (low back/gluteus strain)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Bakary Soumare (R knee inflammation)
PROBABLE: MF Michael Farfan (R foot contusion)
|Columbus Crew (4-4-2): Lampson; Miranda, James, Marshall, Williams; Eddie Gaven, Mirosevic, O'Rourke, Duka; Higuain, Arrieta.||
OUT: FW Tommy Heinemann (L knee surgery); GK William Hesmer (R hip surgery); MF Bernardo Anor (L knee ACL tear)
DOUBTFUL: DF Rich Balchan (sports hernia rehab)
QUESTIONABLE: MF Danny O'Rourke (L ankle sprain); MF Milovan Mirosevic (R ankle inflammation)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These teams have never tied each other. Columbus has three wins and Philadelphia two in the all-time matchup. The Crew took the first three but have lost the last two meetings with Philly.
- The most recent was a 1-0 win for the Union on April 14, which came thanks to a Gabriel Gomez penalty kick.
- Following a second consecutive draw and a winless run of four, Philly is in eight place in the Eastern Conference, on 25 points.
- The Crew have won two on the trot and now sit seventh in the East on 36 points. Columbus hasn't won three in a row all season.
- New Designated Player Federico Higuain has three goals and two assists in three MLS games thus far.