The youthful Union looks to keep up its strong home record against playoff contender Chicago.
|Philadelphia Union (4-3-3): MacMath; Williams, Valdes, Okugo, G. Farfan; M. Farfan, Carroll, Lahoud; Adu, Pajoy, Martinez.
OUT: FW Krystian Witkowski (concussion symptoms)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Bakary Soumare (R knee menisectomy recovery)
PROBABLE: FW Chandler Hoffman (L big toe fracture)
|Chicago Fire (4-2-3-1): Johnson; Anibaba, Friedrich, Berry, Segares; Pardo, Pause; Fernandez, Rolfe, Pappa; Oduro.
OUT: DF Cory Gibbs (R knee meniscus repair)
QUESTIONABLE: DF Steven Kinney (R groin strain)
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Philadelphia will be without striker Jack McInerney for this game. The 20-year-old was red-carded after retaliating to Nelson Rivas' headbutt on Antoine Hoppenot.
- Philly has won its last four MLS home games, notching 11 goals in that stretch.
- Fire goalkeeper Sean Johnson set a career saves record on July 28 when he blocked 10 shots in a 0-1 loss against the San Jose Earthquakes.
- These clubs are meeting for the second time this season. Dominic Oduro’s 28th-minute goal was all the Fire needed for a 1-0 victory on March 24 at Toyota Park.
- The Fire have come back to record a victory after allowing the opening goal four times this season, matching the San Jose Earthquakes for most in MLS. Philadelphia has done that once this campaign.